Even if you’ve sold a house before, it can be a daunting process. It involves many steps from selecting a sales professional and marketing the home, to negotiating with buyers and funding. Selling a home needn’t be intimidating:
- List your property with a real estate professional.
- Establish an appropriate price and time frame.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy.
- Get your home in show condition.
- An offer is submitted.
- Negotiation leads to an offer.
- Buyers submit a loan application and home inspections are scheduled.
- The loan is approved and closing begins.
- Time to move!
- Of course this is a simplification of what is otherwise a complex transaction. As you are going through each stage, look to your real estate professional to provide guidance so that you feel comfortable every step of the way.
Thinking of Selling? need advice on how to sell your home ?
Thinking of selling ! Three ideas for making your home more appealing to potential buyers.
When you read or hear advice about staging your home for sale, it’s predictable—declutter, depersonalize, and neutralize as much as possible.But what you’re never told is how to make your home really memorable. One way is to make it look like a really fun place to live. Here are three ideas for making your home more appealing to a potential buyer:
- Put a badminton net in the backyard. Leave a note by the racquets with some bottled waters inviting homebuyers to play. Ping pong is also becoming a thinga fun backyard activity; ask a local store if you can rent a ping pong table for the day.
- Most homes are older, so turn age into a positive. Set the dining room table with a fondue pot surrounded by flower power napkins and plates. Put some Al Green on Pandora for showings. Showcase the trendy, vintage quality of a home with history.
- Speaking of history… Include a fun detailed history sheet explaining that unique aspects of your home, For instance, mid-century homes epitomize the postwar automobile, jet and space travel culture. That’s why the garages are attached and sputnik stars were a popular motif. Better vacuums meant no more rugbeating, hence the luxury of wall-to-wall carpet.
For more home selling tips sign up below!